Job Ref: AD194/0124
SCP 12-17, £26,421 – £28,770 (pro rata £19,145 – £20,847 for 30 hours)
30 hours per week, term time only, plus 2 weeks’ holiday working .
10am Friday 15th March 2024
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Week beginning Monday 18th March 2024
Purpose of the Job:
The Events Officer’s role is to plan, organize and implement a diverse programme of internal and external events with a view to showcasing NCW to a wider audience which includes families of children who are blind or vision impaired, current parents and carers of students at NCW, the wider VI Community and members of the public. The post holder will build relationships with sight loss organizations and charities via attendance at events, shows and exhibitions as well as hosting events on site for families and professionals.
New College Worcester (NCW)
The Events Officer’s role is to plan, organise and implement a diverse programme of internal and external events with a view to showcasing NCW to a wider audience which includes families of children who are blind or vision impaired, current parents and carers of students at NCW, the wider VI Community and members of the public. The post holder will build relationships with sight loss organisations and charities via attendance at events, shows and exhibitions as well as hosting events on site for families and professionals.
The post holder will also be responsible for co-ordinating internal College events such as concerts and awards ceremonies and will work closely with other members of the NCW staff body to support visits to the school and marketing projects. The Events Officer will also be expected to support the Principal and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) at networking and fundraising events where required.
This is a busy, hands-on role which reports directly into the Head of Marketing and is part of a small, busy marketing team.
NCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is a regulated activity, and is conditional on two satisfactory and verified references, an enhanced DBS Clearance and Registration, and medical clearance and a six-month probationary period. NCW is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Full details for this role can be down loaded from NCW website (www.ncw.co.uk), or contact [email protected] (01905 763933) for details. Candidates must complete an NCW application form, CVs will not be accepted.
- To effectively promote the College and its offer to key stakeholders, particularly prospective students and parents and other sight loss organisations and charities through a number of communication strategies including internal and external events, presentations, exhibitions and visits.
- To organise and lead a programme of visits to organisations, schools and sight loss charities both locally and nationwide, for meetings and to give presentations on the NCW offer, student life and the student journey.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with key individuals in organisations, schools and sight loss charities to promote NCW and communicate the NCW offer, with the ultimate aim of recruiting students.
- Support the Youth Engagement Officer where required to plan and facilitate events to engage young people who are blind or vision impaired.
- To support the Principal and Senior Leadership team, attending networking, charity and fundraising events where required.
- Represent NCW at exhibitions and events engaging with parents and young people affected by vision impairment, to promote NCW and communicate the NCW offer.
- As required plan, co-ordinate and implement fundraising events to generate income for NCW.
- To ensure that all potential student recruitment leads are followed through in a timely manner.
Student Recruitment Events and Open Days
- Be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing student recruitment days, such as open days, family events, residential breaks and outreach events from initial planning stage through to post visit analysis and follow up.
- Work to an agreed budget.
- Utilise data and office systems to track attendance and increase attendance at future events.
- Work with the Outreach Department on Outreach Events and visitors.
Internal College Events and Visit
- Work closely with the PA to the Principal and Senior Leadership Team to plan and co-ordinate internal school events such as Concerts, productions and awards ceremonies.
- Devise and implement a programme of events for staff.
- As and when required be available to host visitors, conduct tours of the campus and work closely with the Liaison Officer to offer support for visiting prospective families.
- Host visits from VIPS, fundraising contacts, VI organisations and other visitors to the College.
- Work with the Outreach team to develop and implement a programme of professional events to engage professionals who are working with children with vision impairment studying in mainstream settings.
- To compile and distribute marketing materials for circulating at internal and external events.
- To work as part of the Marketing team to support key events and initiatives to realise recruitment targets. To liaise with members of the Marketing team and provide relevant information for promotional activity including press releases, social media and website content.
- Ensure the NCW database is up to date with student enquiries, visits and contacts.
- Monitor and assess activity to ensure effectiveness and be constantly alert to new ways to engage with prospective students and wider audiences.
- Represent NCW at all times in a responsible and professional manner.
- Deputise if required for the Head of Marketing.
- Deputise if required for the Liaison Officer hosting family visits to College.
- To provide analysis and evaluation reports on increased student numbers associated with the activities of the role.
- Carry out any other comparable duties, marketing and administrative tasks which may from time-to-time be required.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with your level of responsibility as may be required by the Head of Marketing or Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in order to ensure the efficient functioning of the College.
- Create all associated paperwork relating to organising events and visits such as Risk Assessments.
- Undertake training as required including mandatory Safeguarding and Health and Safety training.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
NCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is conditional on an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
Important Information to read prior to applying to work at NCW:
Please note that any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Registration through the DBS and Health clearance which will be arranged by the College.
If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to complete and return a criminal history / suitability self-disclosure prior to interview; any relevant information that you disclose will be discussed with you at interview. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as a result of the Exceptions Order 1975 as amended in 2020, and therefore all unspent convictions, cautions and bind-overs, and any convictions or adult cautions that would not be filtered, must be declared on the self-disclosure. Please see the Ministry of Justice website for information about the filtering of offences.
By completing an application form, the applicant confirms they are not disqualified from working in regulated activity with children, or subject to sanctions imposed by a regulatory body, eg Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA) or Health and Care Professions council (HCPC). NCW will seek references on short-listed candidates, and may approach previous employers for information to verify particular experience or qualification, before interview.
If the applicant is currently working with children, on either a paid or voluntary basis, their current employer will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to their suitability to work with children, including any for which the penalty is time expired (that is where a warning could no longer be taken into account in any new disciplinary hearing for example) and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns which are founded / upheld. If the applicant is not currently working with children, but has done so in the past, that previous employer will be asked about those issues.
To provide false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected or summary dismissal if the application has been selected, and possible referral to the police.
How to apply
There are three ways you can apply for a vacancy at NCW.
It is optional for you to include a copy of your CV. A CV alone is not sufficient for our Safer Recruitment Procedures.
If choosing to complete the online application form, please complete as much information as possible. It may be helpful to write your supporting statement for the ‘Further Information’ section in a word processing programme first, which can be copy and pasted into the form below.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement email from NCW following submission of your application or if you are experiencing issues with submitting your application form online (please complete this via Word), email Sheila Wood, HR Assistant.